Monday 8 March 2010

2009 Christmas Cards


I actually wasn't planning on making any Christmas cards. It had been so busy and I didn't want to make any for the sake of it. However, because of the heavy snow, I had to stay home which gave me some extra time to create some cards. Well, I said some, I only made two and half. Why half? I only quickly put a very very simple one together for my hubby which even he thought I only put it together in a haste. Oops!

The robins on the card above were made from felt. The brown circles came from a ready-to-assemble card pack for making teddy bear cards. The small circles were the heads and the big ones were the bodies but I used them to create big robin and little robin. I drew the branches and leaves on with gel pen and stamped "Merry Christmas" on free-hand.

The cute robin card went to my in-laws.

The next one went to my hubby's aunt. I bought some Laura Ashley clear stamps ages ago but never used them so I was determined to utilize them to make at least one card. I stamped the individual patterns on to resemble a bauble. The green ribbon was recycled from some packaging I collected some years ago. (Yep, I do collect "rubbish").

With a bit of embossing powder, a bit of heat and some bling. Wa~la~

0 comments: