Sunday 14 March 2010

Happy 30th to my brother-in-law



We were going to go home this weekend to celebrate my brother-in-law's 30th birthday but for some reasons it was only clarified on Saturday morning that he wasn't going home this weekend!! I was a bit annoyed because of whoever was disorganised. Arghhhh......

We tend to get a jokey card for my brother-in-law so I rarely make cards for him. However, when hubby and I went into Paperchase the other day, we saw this card and it made him chuckle. Although it's one of my favourite shop, I still refuse to pay £3.xx for a card so I decided to recreate this card.

I downloaded the funky fonts off dafont for the wordings on the card. I had the design photocopied on the textured card. It could be a bit disastrous with a photocopier as the toner powder never stays on very well on textured card. However, on this occasion it has worked well because I could create the distressed event by slightly rubbing the powder off. I was going to fix the powder with some hair spray but I had run out so I heated it with a heat gun instead, which I didn't know it would work! "29" has been heat embossed with silver powder though it's not showing very well in the photo.

It won't be "29 yesterday" when we give him the card but hopefully he will still like it and it will make him chuckle.

0 comments: