Sunday 11 July 2010

Leaving Card - for my boss



there have been quite a few changes in the team in the last couple of months. I said "the team", really there were only 3.5 of us. Why half? coz one person was part-time. The part-time colleague decided to finish her contract early and left the company at the beginning of June. At the time she was leaving for a 2-week break in Spain and I was inspired to make her a card with a design of a computer keyboard said "Sorry, you're leaving." I put a Spanish flag on the "Enter" key and the company logo on the "Esc" button. That was a bit of a laugh.

One of my bosses left the company in mid June. It was quite sad for me and the other boss as all three of us started at around the same time. The three of us are so different but get on like a house on fire! My two bosses are from different professions so they complement each other well. I feel that we have done well to establish the team to how it is now in only 20 months!

I put together an office survival kit for her as a leaving present as she can be quite forgetful sometimes even though she is incredibly intelligent. The kit included a can of coke, instant couscous, sewing kit, mini lint roller and wet wipes etc.

On her last day, I gave her the card posted above with a rather funny note inside. I had a clear idea what colour scheme I was going to use before making the card as she is a big fan of brown and pink as well as pokka dot. I showed the card to my hubby when it's finished. For some reasons, rather than reading "Good Luck", he managed to read "Good Fxxk". Stupid man!

0 comments: