Friday 8 February 2008

Our Wedding Invitations



This is a design I created for our wedding invitation. When we started planning, we had a look around to see what styles of invitation are on offer. We were amazed how poor the quality was for some cards. Only a few peel-off stickers stuck on a card and it could cost at least £1.50 each!!

We decided to design our own unique motif.

The top part of the motif is a Welsh Dragon and a Chinese Phoneix as my hubby is Welsh and I am Chinese. I also incorporated the Chinese character "double happiness" with our initials. I sent the desgin onto The English Stamp Company to make my unique motif into a rubber stamp. Here I went, started stamping and heat embossing!

The invitation for the reception in Hong Kong was red and gold as red is the wedding colour in Chinese tradition.


The smaller one is the invitation and the bigger one is the menu. You may notice there are like 10 courses on the menu. YES! This is what a chinese wedding reception like. 10 - 12 courses for a wedding banquet.

About a year after the wedding reception in Hong Kong, we had another one here in Britain. The venue was a lovely home-run hotel. Lovely ground, very british building. When I saw the main reception hall, the only colour came to my head was burgundy. I almost decided the design for the wedding reception at that instant.

More stamping and heat embossing again!

Very simple design so I could make it quickly. I managed to make just over 100 invitation in total in a fairly short period of time. Then I could go on and plan about something else!


Invitation for the wedding reception

Invitation for the evening reception

0 comments: